NYCCLI is leading the charge to bring land and housing into community ownership. Join us!
HELP WIN PASSAGE OF THE NYC COMMUNITY LAND ACT!
The Community Land Act is a set of bills to give community land trusts (CLTs) and other nonprofits tools to acquire, develop and preserve deeply and permanently affordable housing, community and commercial spaces, and other critical needs. Together, these measures address root causes of our city’s affordability crisis, combat displacement, and build collective wealth in Black and brown communities.
- Use this tool to send a personalized email to your Council Member, urging them to co-sponsor and fight for passage of the Community Land Act.
- See video from the New York City Council’s Committee on Housing and Buildings hearing on the Community Land Act here.
- Check out footage from recent Community Land Act Town Halls in Queens and Manhattan.
- Download and share our Community Land Act one-pager!
- Post on social media about why you support the Community Land Act. Use the hashtags #CLTsforNYC and #CommunityLandAct