NYCCLI is leading the charge to bring land and housing into community ownership. Join us!
HELP WIN PASSAGE OF THE NYC COMMUNITY LAND ACT!
The Community Land Act is a set of bills to give community land trusts (CLTs) and other nonprofits tools to acquire, develop and preserve deeply and permanently affordable housing, community and commercial spaces, and other critical needs. Together, these measures address root causes of our city’s affordability crisis, combat displacement, and build collective wealth in Black and brown communities.
- Join us for a Rally & City Council Hearing on February 23, 2023. Rally at City Hall Park, 12pm; Hearing at City Council, 1pm (register to testify)
- Join us at an upcoming town hall in Queens on Tuesday, March 7 at 7pm or in the Bronx on Saturday, February 25th at 12pm. More info and RSVP link here!
- Read more and sign your organization onto this letter calling on the New York City Council and Mayor Eric Adams to enact the Community Land Act in 2023!
- Use this tool to send a personalized email to your Council Member, urging them to co-sponsor and fight for passage of the Community Land Act.
- Download and share our Community Land Act one-pager!
- Post on social media about why you support the Community Land Act. Use the hashtags #CLTsforNYC and #CommunityLandAct